Some small business owners
believe that hiring a professional graphic designer is one advertising & marketing expense that they can avoid. Here's five reasons why that type of thinking could lead you down the wrong path.
- A designer saves time - You know your job and do it well. A graphic designer is a professional who knows their field. They know about things like bleed and trap, type-safety and imposition so that you don't have to. A graphic designer can turn your ideas into reality in a short time, leaving you free to do what you do best.
- Improves your image - We've all seen business cards prepared on a home printer using perforated paper and the impression they leave. Well designed advertising and marketing materials will convey an image to your prospective customers of a professional company that they can trust.
- Stand out in a crowd - Every day we're bombarded by thousands of advertisements all vying for our attention. Your best defense against becoming a part of the noise is through great design that captures your audience's attention.
- Knows the software - Even if you have professional design software, knowing how to use it quickly, properly and tastefully is another thing entirely.
- Save money - If your art file is not prepared precisely the way it needs to be for printing, you may find that it will cost more to have a commercial printing company "fix" the art file than it would have been to simply hire a professional to prepare proper "print-ready" art files in the first place.